Looking for delicious recipes that are both nutritious and time-saving? Look no further! We have curated a list of wholesome and easy recipes that are perfect for busy people like us. These dishes not only prioritize nutrition but are also cost-effective, making them a healthy and economical choice. Let’s explore these mouthwatering recipes below!
1. Seblak Khas Jawa Barat
Seblak is a traditional Indonesian dish that originated in West Java. It is a savory and spicy soup made with various ingredients such as noodles, vegetables, and protein sources like chicken or seafood. This hearty dish is not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients.
Here’s a simple recipe to make Seblak Khas Jawa Barat:
- 100 grams of noodles
- 200 grams of chicken or seafood
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (carrots, cabbage, bean sprouts)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- In a pot, boil the noodles until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In another pot, heat the vegetable oil and sauté the minced garlic until fragrant.
- Add the chicken or seafood and cook until they are fully cooked.
- Add the mixed vegetables and stir-fry for a few minutes until they are slightly cooked.
- Add the boiled noodles, chili powder, salt, and sugar. Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Seblak Khas Jawa Barat is a delightful dish that can be customized to suit your taste buds. You can add extra vegetables or adjust the spiciness according to your preference.
2. Quinoa Salad with Roasted Veggies
Quinoa is a protein-rich grain that is not only nutritious but also gluten-free. Paired with roasted vegetables, this salad becomes a well-rounded and satisfying meal, perfect for busy individuals who want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Here’s how you can whip up a Quinoa Salad with Roasted Veggies:
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of mixed roasted vegetables (bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, etc.)
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly under cold water.
- In a saucepan, combine the rinsed quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- In a serving bowl, mix the cooked quinoa, roasted vegetables, feta cheese, and basil leaves.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve the quinoa salad chilled or at room temperature.
This Quinoa Salad with Roasted Veggies is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a powerhouse of nutrients. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables and herbs to add your personal touch.
3. Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and overnight oats with chia seeds are the perfect solution for busy mornings. They can be prepped in advance and customized with your favorite toppings, ensuring a nutritious start to your day.
Here’s a simple recipe for Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds:
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Assorted toppings: fresh fruits, nuts, shredded coconut, etc.
- In a jar or container, combine the rolled oats, chia seeds, milk, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Stir well to ensure everything is evenly mixed.
- Cover the jar or container and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4-5 hours.
- In the morning, give the mixture a good stir and add your favorite toppings.
- Enjoy your nutritious and hassle-free breakfast!
Overnight oats with chia seeds are not only quick to prepare but also provide a great source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. Experiment with different combinations of fruits and nuts to keep your breakfast exciting and flavorful.
4. One-Pot Lemon Herb Chicken and Rice
When it comes to quick and easy meals, a one-pot dish is always a winner. This One-Pot Lemon Herb Chicken and Rice is a complete meal that requires minimal effort and time. With the tangy flavors of lemon and fragrant herbs, this dish is a crowd-pleaser.
Here’s how you can prepare this delightful dish:
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet or pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook until golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook the other side until browned as well.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the basmati rice and stir well, ensuring it is coated with the herb-infused oil.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add the lemon slices.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Return the cooked chicken thighs to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes to heat through.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and lemon slices.
- Serve hot and savor the flavors!
This One-Pot Lemon Herb Chicken and Rice recipe is a time-saving and hassle-free option for a delicious meal. The combination of herbs and lemon adds a refreshing twist to the dish, making it a delightful choice for any occasion.
With these quick and easy recipes, you can enjoy nutritious meals without spending hours in the kitchen. They are perfect for busy individuals who value both their health and time. Try these recipes today and discover the joy of healthy eating made easy!